8 Reasons Your Child Should Attend Y Camp This Summer
Wondering if the Greater Naples YMCA could be the right fit for your child this summer? Y camps give kids from all backgrounds a safe space to come together, unplug, connect and have fun.
In a digital world where kids are increasingly connected to screens and smart devices, Y camps focus to unplug kids from distractions and connect them to community, nature and one another. Y summer camps help kids build independence, friendship and a sense of belonging.
Here are the top eight benefits of Y Summer Camp at the Naples Y:
- BUILDS CONFIDENCE by helping children develop a sense of identity, explore their interests and discover their strengths.
- TEACHES TEAMWORK within their groups to help develop communication skills, emotional intelligence and leadership skills with guidance from positive role models.
- FOSTERS GROWTH by taking kids out of their comfort zone and encouraging them to try new things.
- PRIORITIZES PLAY in order to develop creative thinking, explore imagination and just take time to be silly.
- PROMOTES CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT through focusing on our four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY LIVING by encouraging physical activity and healthy eating.
- NURTURES RELATIONSHIPS through bonding with other campers over shared experiences and common interests.
- PROVIDES A FUN WAY TO UNPLUG by helping kids connect to the joys of life beyond the screen.