Military Outreach Initiative
Deployment can be a stressful and uncertain time for our nation’s servicemen and women and their families. In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense, the Y is proud to offer memberships to eligible military families and personnel to give them extra support during this difficult period.
It’s our way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country. We understand that military families are under enormous strain. As a member of the Y, you and your family can spend quality time together and enjoy fun activities in a warm, supportive environment. It’s also a place to meet other military families who can relate to your unique situation.
Click here to download the Armed Services YMCA Military Outreach Initiative Extension Fact Sheet.
Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is deployed for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
- Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
- Visit the ASYMCA website for eligibility information and applications.
- Find a participating Y in your area .
- Bring your approved eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation to the Y for verification. Please do not leave copies of these documents at the YMCA.